Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Context Free and a Frantic February

Wednesday February 25, 2009

Hello World! I'm very late but back with more of the good stuff. I may need to have fewer and less regular blog updates in the future but we'll see what time permits. My topic for tonight is graphics and the focus is on another fun and free program. Context Free is an art program that generates images from a set of written instructions called a grammar. The Context Free site has a great gallery of user contributed art and lots of examples. As a programmer I like the idea of using a limited scripting language to create images. The language itself is limited but flexible. I'll try it out and I'll post whatever results here.

There are no music loops this week, but I'll try to have some for the next update.


The picture of the week was created using Dogwaffle.
Click on the image for a full-sized view

The DVD/movie of the week was
The Dark Knight.

Send your comments and feedback and I’ll read it all and respond to some of it.

Bye for now!

No comments: