Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday November 16, 2007

Hi and welcome back! My topic for tonight is music theory once again, and I'm going to discuss the blues scale. As an aspiring Blues piano/guitar player I've had a little bit of firsthand experience playing blues scales. The blues scale has 6 notes, one less than the normal major scale, and 3 of those are flatted. The six notes of the scale lead naturally to melodies and from there to some of the great solos of the genre. Of course there's more to playing or singing the blues than knowing the notes, but having a look at the fundamentals is a good start.

The loops of the week are a set of synthesizer tracks.

The picture of the week was created using Anim8or

Click on the image for a full-sized view


The song of the moment is Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple. It's an unwritten rule that every novice electric guitar player shall learn the opening riff.

The PC game of the week is once more Supreme Commander. I completed the 3rd campaign at the medium level and I've done a few skirmishes.

Send your comments and feedback and I’ll read it all and respond to some of it. Bye for now!

No comments: