Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's a Party for the Tardy

Sunday December 28, 2008

Hello again! It's another late post and the last one of the year. Holiday madness and a full couple of weekends have played havoc with my schedule. For this latest and belated update I have my annual list of my favorite games of the year. My top five for 2008 were:

#5. Civilization III. One of the best turn-based strategy games ever.


#4. Sword of the Stars. Space exploration and combat on a huge scale.


#3. Command And Conquer 3. 3D RTS with lots of varied units and depth.


#2. Unreal Tournament III. It's hard to go wrong with a good twitchy FPS.


#1. Forged Alliance. The sequel to Supreme Commander is pure addictive RTS goodness.

And that's it for this final report of the year. I'll be back with the first post of 2009 soon.

The loops of the week are a set of electronic percussion parts.

The picture of the week was created using Project Dogwaffle.

Click on the image for a full-sized view


The DVD/Movie of the week was The Squid and the Whale.


Send your comments and feedback and I’ll read it all and respond to some of it.

Bye for now!

No comments: