Friday, August 22, 2008

A Bounty for Bibliophiles

Friday August 22, 2008

Hail and hello to all! It's Friday again and topic for tonight is books and reading. This summer I have a backlog of books to read both fiction and otherwise that are filling my shelves. Most were bargains and blowout sales or plunder from book sales at the local library. As much as I like finding a book on the cheap it's even better to get your reading material for free. To that end I've found some sites where you can read or download previously published works. You can find a well researched list of sites at the Aussie site Free Books. The links are all quite current and the libraries are varied. Project Gutenberg is perhaps the best known repository of public domain books. This is a good place to find classic works in plain text. Authorama is another very cool site that offers a good selection books in HTML format. I've been a science fiction reader since my teens and I was delighted to happen on the Baen Free Library. Aside from the generous number of free offerings at Baen there are also books offered for sale. Take some time to read a new book, either printed or electronic, and you'll be the better for it.

The picture of the week was created using Project Dogwaffle.

Click on the image for a full-sized view


The loops of the week are some big bass parts.


The PC game of the week was Unreal Tournament 3 again.


Send your comments and feedback and I’ll read it all and respond to some of it.

Bye for now!

No comments: