Friday, February 09, 2007

Friday February 9, 2007

Warm winter greetings! This week’s entry will be a slight departure from the norm but detours and unexpected turns lend spice and interest to life. I’ve been tapped to participate in a Blog-Tag, by C.K. Lester, the avid Euphoria programmer and proponent. I’ll post a list of 5 things you didn’t know about me until now and then tag 5 other bloggers. Those poor souls will be asked to post their own 5 things and to tag 5 others. The idea apparently is to achieve critical mass and self-sustained fission after a number of iterations. So without further ado, hesitations or condiments here are the
Five Things You Didn’t Know About Me Until Now:
1. I reside in Southern California, but have visited 6 other states: Nevada, Washington, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Texas, and Hawaii.
2. I wrote a BASIC wargame named “Tactwar” on my Atari 800 back in 1982. I Googled it recently found that it’s available for download on an Atari retro site some 25 years since I posted it on GEnie.
3. My favorite daily comic strip is Get Fuzzy.
4. Between 1995 and 2002 I played keyboards in 4 L.A. area bands.
5. I used to be addicted to Starbucks Frappuccinos. I still imbibe the occasional ice-blended coffee drink, but in moderation.

I audited a bunch of blogs and picked the ones I liked the best to tag. I don’t know the people I’m tagging, but hopefully they won’t think I’m completely rude or a wacko. At best they’ll respond and continue the chain reaction. At worst they’ll get restraining orders and add me to their “spam” lists. In any event I’m tagging:
Max, Claire, Ben, Alvinz and DisasterGurl

This week’s picture was created using Project Dogwaffle .
Click the picture to get a full-sized view.

The loops of the week were created with Orion Pro.
Right click on a loop name to download it.

----- Drums 1 ----- Drums 2 -----
----- Marimba 1 ----- Marimba 2 -----
----- Saxy 1 ----- Saxy 2 ----- Saxy 3 -----

The websites of the week are the blogs I’ve tagged above. It’s all good stuff and worth a quick browse or an extended reading. Explore, expand, and expound!

Send your comments and feedback and I’ll read it all and respond to some of it.
Bye for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Ben from Straight Scotch here! Just e-mailed you!