Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday, October 6, 2006

Let's try this again. I'm Mark AKA Gray Cat Whiskers and welcome to Mark's Digital Arts. I've decided to relaunch my web log because in the past it suffered from a lack of activity and interest. This time around I'll update more frequently and make shorter entries. The gist of “Mark's Arts” is still all forms of digital arts including music, graphic arts, and computer games programming. There will also be reviews of the artistic /creative programs I've tried and links to some cool sites.


Each week I'll have some loops to download. Loops are short musical phrases that can serve as building blocks for longer compositions. In future installments I'll discuss how to assemble loops into songs. This week's loops were created with Orion Pro and are distrubted as freeware:
This week's loops are no longer available.

I'll also post a picture each week. This week's pic was created using Project Dogwaffle, a nice paint program available in free and commercial versions.
Click on the picture to get a full sized view.

Comments, feedback and suggested sites to link to are welcome.
That's it for this time. I'll be back in a week or so with some more artistic and entertaining stuff. In the meantime, have fun!

No comments: